Premier Woman Alive Magazine - October 2021
Wherever you are on your faith journey, Premier Woman Alive offers ideas, inspiration and advice to help draw you close to God and to live out what you believe.
The October issue looks at the topic of History including Black History Month:
- We speak to Veronica Zundel who reminds us of the women in history easily forgotten, and says we need to hear more about those who spread the gospel too.
- Diane Louise Jordan explains how her new project The Making of Black Britain came about. She will be interviewing people around the country in order to create a living archive for people to record their personal stories about life in Britain.
- Cathy Madavan shares the 5 things she's learnt that help her learn from her past, not stay stuck there.
- Author Michele Guinness shares her own story as well as some of the women from history based on how women have come a long way, but we still do not enjoy true equality.
- Book Club with Amy Boucher Pye Amy reviews Philip Yancey’s memoir Where the Light Fell and readers share their recommended reading.
- Bible Study with Elaine Storkey – the importance of history Elaine Storkey shows us why history is vital, through the story of Stephen in Acts 7.
- Columnist Maxine Hallett shares how she discovered the faith of her great grandfather, and what it means to her.
- Dr Oluseye Arikawe kicks off our three-part series on the menopause, explaining how we can prepare physically, psychologically and spiritually.
- From experiencing childhood loss, through to founding the Beloved charity reaching out to those in prostitution, Rosie Hopley shares her life’s journey of deep lows and great joy – and what God has taught her along the way.
- Author Chine McDonald gives us a sneak peak of her new book, God Is Not A White Man: And Other Revelations (Hodder & Stoughton).
Plus news, reviews and much more.