The inspiring biography of Val Jeal who stepped out in faith and changed the lives of many female sex workers in Bristol.
After leading a very conventional life, a middle-aged Val told God she was available to be used by him. Moving to an inner-city church, God opened her eyes and heart to what was happening in Bristol, and so began a remarkable rollercoaster ride of love, compassion, burnout, determination, honesty, victories and defeats.
Founding the charity One25, Val worked with the female sex workers of Bristol, offering a listening ear, acceptance, support and a safe place to stay that has changed many lives.
Val’s incredible story shows that it is never too late for God to work in your life and will encourage you to have the faith to step out and do what God has called you to do.
This inspiring biography encourages you not to be pigeon holed by your life so far – God can break into your life and do great things through you too!
- Demonstrates how God takes ordinary people and does extraordinary things through them
- Reveals how God loves those that society ignores
- Shows sex workers not as fallen women but women of dignity and strength
- Helps you understand issues around sex working, addiction and homelessness
- Includes a photo insert
- Perfect for anyone who loves to hear stories of God at work
- Suitable for readers who love testimonies and faith-inspiring stories
- Ideal for anyone interested in social action
- An inspirational gift idea for any occasion