A series of biblical reflections on what we can learn today from the life of David.
The Bible devotes more verses to David than anyone else except Jesus. God called David a man after his own heart, yet he made monumental mistakes. So why was this flawed king so esteemed and what can we learn?
Touching on universal themes such as being overlooked, family tensions, conflict and temptation, Percey draws out biblical truths that gently challenge us to look at our lives and draw closer to Jesus.
David’s life gives hope to all of us who make mistakes and whose hearts are easily moved that we too can learn to be after God’s own heart.
- You will see through David’s life that it is not the mistakes we make that define us, but the way we deal with them.
- Understand the life of David.
- Applicable life lessons for today.
- Goes much deeper than just the familiar stories of Goliath and Bathsheba.
- Each chapter ends with questions for reflection, perfect for individuals or study groups.
- Encourages an authentic spirituality that acknowledges the good and bad. experiences of life.
- Chatty, informal and accessible style.
- Foreword written by Stephen Cherry, author of Barefoot Disciple.
- Suitable for anyone seeking to live as Jesus’s disciples.